Monday, May 4, 2009

i.t.g. injuries are not covered..

Good morning, my lovely readers. I was just sitting here, sucking down coffee as fast as my stomach could handle it and watching the rain, when it occurred to me: “I have to give the people what they want.” 

I can only hope what you want is yet another illustrious blog from yours truly. 

This weekend was a pretty good one, despite adversity. Apparently, in my overzealous attempt to get into shape by October, I became a victim to my own hand…again. You see, several weeks ago I was inflicted with my first “in-the-gym” injury of sorts-an “i.t.g. injury”, if you will. It seems I took things a little too far on the thigh machine at Planet Fitness. So far, in fact, that I missed work because I could barely walk the next day. I had a bad case of the “duck butt”, and spent several days hobbling around like a 90-year-old woman. Luckily, things healed up swiftly, and I was back on the treadmill a couple of days later, although I have not tried my hand again. 

In my latest venture, I tried one too many inverted push-ups (at least I think that is what they are called-I am never really sure), and I pulled a muscle in my shoulder. I am finally getting over this injury, after spending the weekend with my shoulders up around my ears and with a bottle of ibuprofen in my hand. This is thanks in part to due diligence from my mother, who rubbed it out with the strength of a German Schoolmarm. 

I only cried a little bit. 

BUT THIS ISN’T ABOUT ME.

It’s about the wedding. 

Sunday, Danzo and I went over to the greatest place ever-Michaels-where they were having a discount on their glass vases and such. This was pretty handy because we are planning on using some glass dishes as centerpiece decorations (with candles floating in them). Hopefully, it will look a little something like this (with a little less pinky purple-y and a little more green):

  

I picked up the first 4, with many to come in the probable future. Also, anyone who wants to donate vessels in which my wedding candles may float-FEEL FREE. 

On the subject of decoration, I am still toying with the idea of straying from the traditional guest book. I saw a really cool idea online for a “Wedding Tree”. It would look something like this:

 

 Instead of just writing your name in some silly ole book, you take a card (which would be near/under said tree), write your message on it (probably something like “Congrats!” or “Now When Are You Gonna Have Me Some Grandbabies?”), and clip it to the tree. I think it is a great idea, and not just because I have not already created enough craft projects for myself this far along. It’s pretty, and who doesn’t like pretty?

Also, while I am thinking about it, I know a lot of friends and family are reading this, and I wanted to get the message out-Danny and I are looking for any cute baby/little kid photos you may have of either of us, or any photos that you may have of us together, we are planning on using these to help bolster the decorations. Plus, we are pretty, and who doesn’t like pretty?

Okay. I think I am done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment