Thursday, April 23, 2009

and we're off!

With almost 6 months to the day until Dapper Dan and myself are to make things official, I figured now was as good a time as any for us to get this wedding blog up and running. For those of you who aren't in the know, he popped the question last month (April) on Friday the 13th, and we are getting married on October 24th. 
So far, I have discovered that not only is having a wedding incredibly exciting, it is also an incredibly daunting fury of energy-sucking work.

A few things are out of the way here in month 2. We booked our venue (which is very important, according to all these bridal sights I find myself reading). We will be tying the knot at the ever-glorious, ever-enchanting beautiful Beuna Vista Mansion in Prattville. 
I have also bought my dress and most of the trimmings/underpinnings/torture devices that come along with it. I would post a picture, but Danny has access to this, and he isn't allowed to see the dress yet. Maybe I will offer a peek when it comes in in June.
We also made the daunting decision of choosing our wedding party. On the boys side, Austin (Danny's brother) will be the best man with Logan (my brother) and Wes (a mutual friend) holding up the rest of the groom's crew. On my side, my cousin Camdyn will serve as Maid of Honor, with my friends Lacey and Jenna as a pair of femme fatale bridesmaids. 
The boys are wearing suits, and the ladies will be in brown with green bouquets.

We still have A LOT to do, and we are handling most of the heavy lifting ourselves (and by "us" I mean "me"). I should be getting a call from a bakery in Prattville today to set up a consultation and am hoping it will turn out better than the last cake estimate (as $700 for a cake seemed just a lil' bit much). 

And then there is everything else.

5 comments:

  1. This is kuh-razzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo. if you need any help let me know.
    -marc

    ReplyDelete
  3. engagement photos would look nice on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree!

    lets take some!
    ..but not this weekend because i am going to tuscaloosa. next perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the site and thanks for keeping all informed.

    ReplyDelete